Friday, April 17, 2009

Ready, Set, .....

If you're checking to see if we have a baby, sadly the answer is no. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am dilated to a 3 and 85% effaced which is promising. The doctor seemed pretty sure that I would have him this week, but then again, she really has no idea. In the meantime I am keeping busy with lots of little projects around the house. I am trying to enjoy these last few days of independence, but really I am just so ready to have my little one here! Hopefully my next post will be pictures of the new addition to our family! In the meantime, please feel free to leave your best labor inducing tips. I may get desperate in the next few days!

8 comments:

Mallory said...

I hope he makes his debut soon! I can't wait to meet him! Come on baby, mommy and daddy want to meet you!

Teah said...

Kevin says April 23rd is a good day to have the baby. (wink-wink it's his birthday) I hope it's soon!

Brooke said...

Walking, walking, walking. Thats about all the advice I have for inducing labor. Just make sure you're drinking a lot of water so when you get to the hospital you are hydrated enough to get an epidural as soon as you can! I had to wait and hour and half with Trey to get drugs, such fun times. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I remember when I googled how to induce labor and these are the things it said:

- Walking
- Eggplant pizza
- Sex
- Castor Oil

Let's face it-at this point in your pregnancy, the only thing you will want to try on the list is the pizza!

Young Family said...

Ummm.... nothing works. Trust me. Just wait it out and don't let them induce you. I am so excited for you I can't even stand it!

Lara said...

I totally agree with Andrea, DO NOT get induced, it lengthens your labor WAY too much! Good luck, I hope he comes soon!

The Lively's said...

Your funny! I thought the same thing and then I thought if only I could just throw you back in! Enjoy your last days of Independence. Good Luck with everything you'll be a great Mom!

Tessa Marie said...

Don't worry, he'll come soon enough! I can't wait to see pictures!