Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chuggin' Along

I went to the doctor this past week and everything is progressing great! The baby is quite the mover and shaker and it has been fun to start seeing my belly contort into a variety of shapes when he kicks.

The downside to this week was that I had to have the gestational diabetes test. I was slightly worried that I might have GD, since I do have a family history of it. I am also Rh negative, so I had to have additional testing done to ensure that I haven't created any antibodies against the baby. Luckily, both tests turned out to be negative. I had to wait an hour at the lab to get the tests done, but time passed rather quickly due to the interesting clientele that frequent LabCorp. If you ever have time to kill, I suggest going and sitting at a downtown lab and just people watching. There were seriously the craziest people there!

In other exciting news, I got to have a Rhogam shot and even more exciting, it had to be given in the bootay. No bueno. This shot was quite painful; it seriously stung. Of course Jamin reminded me that this shot is nothing compared to childbirth, which is of course true, but it still sucked. Let's all hope that baby has my negative blood type so I don't have to have another one at birth!

5 comments:

Stacey T. said...

So glad everything is going well! I had the RH shot too and it was NO FUN! I also had it after birth but I dont remember that one being as bad!

heatlight said...

Seriously, LabCorp is THE scariest place! But why?? I've tried many different locations and their all the same! Can't wait for Saturday! I haven't seen you in so long!

Marielle said...

Ohmygosh I loved the drink they gave me when I had to have the diabetes test. You are totally right abou there being creepers in waiting rooms. Why is that?

We need to talk! Call me or I'll call you!

Brooke said...

The Labcorp by Bishop Monogue isn't too bad. But then I wasn't working and could go when all the crazies weren't there (most of the time). Glad things are going well. Just wait until that little boy thinks kicking ribs and kidneys is the funnest part of his day! Good luck with the RH tests.

Chelsea said...

So, you are hilarious. Your blog always makes me laugh since you type how you talk! I'm glad it's all going well. PS. I totally agree about the lab place!! Although your wait is much better. For my GD test, 5 hours I waited! 3 with a 3-year old! No fun!!! And yes, the people are crazy!! :)